Chili dog bread ring ingredients:
- Alwadi's Jumbo Hotdogs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef(455 g)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce(130 g)
- ½ cup ketchup(120 g)
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese(50 g)
- ¼ cup green onion(25 g), finely sliced
- 6 cups of white flour
- 6 tbsp of powder milk
- 3/4 cup mazola oil
- 1 tbsp yeast, quick to melt, or any other type
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 cups water, warm for fermentation and kneading
- Place the yeast in a glass with the sugar, and add half a cup of warm water. The yeast and sugar dissolve well and cover the cup for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle milk and salt on the flour and mix all well.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour, pour the oil and the remaining warm water and yeast.
- Mix the ingredients well and knead to form a dough.
- Cover the dough and ferment it in a warm place for an hour.
Chili dog bread ring preparation:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- Cut hot dogs into thirds.
- Cut the dough into small pieces and wrap them around the hot dog fingers.
- Arrange the hot dogs around a frying pan while leaving an opening in the center of it.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until dough puffs up and becomes golden.
- In another large skillet, quickly fry onions until translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the onions, then season with salt and pepper. Continue stirring ground beef until mostly cooked.
- Add the tomato sauce, ketchup, cumin, chili powder, and sugar to the ground beef and onions. Stir until everything is well mixed. Simmer 10 minutes.
- When the hot-dogs are ready, spoon chili to fill the hole in center of the skillet. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until cheese is well melted.
- Top with diced green onion and serve.
This chili hot dog bread ring will be the star of your dinner party. Hot dogs have never tasted this good!.